From Port Canaveral, St. Augustine, Jekyll Island, and to Hilton Head in 6 weeks. We had to slow down our plans due to the delayed opening of the Erie Canal. We are trying to follow all the rules and we only got to see Val’s dad Bob, twice for two short visits while in Cape Canaveral. For the most part, the marinas have shut down things like pools and Captain Lounges, but they still remain open for transient boaters like ourselves. Going into empty towns and driving by empty beaches has been as eerie as a sci-fi movie. Things seem to be relaxing quite a bit now and so we decided to keep moving north in hopes that the Erie Canal or the Canadian passage will be open by the end of June. The plan was and still is to come back to MacRay Harbor in Lk. St. Clair for the summer. Now we are working on a backup plan to leave the boat in the Chesapeake Bay and finish the loop next year.
There is a lot we are missing in these towns due to the closures, we’ll have to come and explore again.
Tip of the day: What goes around, comes around. Do good and good will come to you.
- Walt HoldenNice !!
- Linda ReedLove Hilton head
- James ChristmasLiving Large David Mamo…
- Jeanne WunderleWow! Beautiful place
- Connie Naudi
- Cesolin TesolinLooks Beautiful Dave and Val. Enjoy, stay as long as you can cause things here are cold and quiet
- Loretta Van SchoyckThat is on my bucket list! Any recommendations
- Valerie MamoLook into Marriott Hilton Head, or Omni both ocean front. Many golf courses here that are open. Locals say to avoid July & August d/t humidity.
- Betsy SullivanHow long are you staying?
- Valerie MamoBetsy Sullivan Hi, we leave Friday. A good stop by boat or vehicle. A real biking/walking island with many beaches. Not commercial.
- Betsy SullivanNice. Will be glad to get all of your recommendations!! Hi to Dave
- Rick Wilson where to next?
- Valerie MamoCharleston next
- Carmen MamoI bet you guys slept like babies.
- Thoas RogersLooks warm… flurries for the area of Michigan where the Trolls hang out Friday!
- David Mamo80 today